"Wedding anniversary in the Bexley Wing!"

About: St James's University Hospital

I spent my 48th wedding anniversary in the Bexley Wing at St James' - not my choice obviously! My treatment in the Rutherford Brachytherapy Centre was superb from start to finish: friendly, helpful people who explained everything carefully, answered my questions directly and exuded competence and professionalism. The follow-up care in Ward J97 was equally good. The facilities were excellent and all the care staff without exception were friendly, caring and took great pains to ensure my safety and comfort. I have nothing but praise for the whole experience which was a model for a modern care service and a great credit to the NHS. Special thanks to the staff everyone was terrific.

Response from Leeds Teaching Hospitals

Dear Frank Branney,

First of all I would like to wish you a belated happy anniversary and I would also like to thank you for taking the time out to write to us.

Your post is wonderful to read and I am extremely pleased that you had such a positive experience whilst in our care.

I have passed your comments onto the Head of Nursing and Matron for Oncology; I have asked that they share your comments with their staff so that they too can know of the great work that they are doing.

With Kind regards