"My son needed to visit A&E ..."

About: Epsom Hospital

My son needed to visit A&E (suspected meningitis), so my wife & I ended up spending the day with him whilst he was being checked over. The medical care was first rate, but between us we ended up being charged £20 for using the car park, which is pure extortion - we were there because we needed to be, and were charged a ludicrous rate for the privilige. I thought the NHS was supposed to be free at the point of care? Not so at Epsom hospital unless you go on foot or by bus!!!!!!

Free car parking for patients - particularly to A&E who have little or no control over how long they are at the hospital.

Free car parking for A&E patients.

Response from Epsom Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to comment and for the excellent feedback you gave us about the care you received from our accident and emergency (A&E) team. We will pass this on.

I am sorry you were not happy with our car parking charges. However, please note that many patients are entitled to discounted rates or can claim back travel charges. Please take a look at our website to find out more - http://www.epsom-sthelier.nhs.uk/patients-and-visitors/getting-to-us/help-with-travel-costs/ or http://www.epsom-sthelier.nhs.uk/patients-and-visitors/getting-to-us/epsom-hospital/.