"Total Abdominal Hysterectomy and BSO"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / Gynaecology

I was referred from Mr Brown at Hairmyres after a cyst was discovered at a routine Bowel Cancer CT Scan check. Within 11 weeks, I was seen by Dr Ofili and finally Dr Sircar and am now home after having had the operation.

My care from Dr Sircar and his team in and out of Theatre was second to none. The anaesthetist I had was fantastic and put me at total ease with everything that was happening. Dr Sircar made it easy for me to ask 'odd' questions which makes a difference. The Nurses on Ward 13 were exceptional. Also, Mandy in Pre-Assessment who co-ordinated the tests I needed before the op was brilliant with me.

So, from Mr Brown and his team at Hairmyres to Dr Sircar, Mandy at Pre-Assessment, staff in Cardiology and Ward 13 staff (especially Lorraine) this has been a positive experience for me. Also, non-clinical staff were excellent and I found the ward to be very clean.

Response from Marion Mark, Director of Hospital Services, Wishaw General Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Jackster

Thank you for your positive comments this must have been an extremely stressful time for you. I am pleased to hear you found the team second to none and that staff were fantastic at putting you ate ease this is important at stressful times for patients.

I am so glad you had a positive experience and you found the hospital to be clean.

Please be assured all the departments you have mentioned and Hairmyres will receive your comments as I will ensure they are passed on.

I hope you are making a speedy recovery.

Best Wishes