"unsafe and extremely intimidating waiting room"

About: Royal Oldham Hospital

I visited A&E last night (9/5/15) and was told we'd be in for a long wait which was fair enough as it was extremely busy. The waiting room was packed full of sick people and quite a lot of drunk people. An elderly man who'd come in with his wife was hit in the face, spat and swore at by an extremely drunk man. Security walked past numerous times during this disgusting assault and didn't say word! It took other patients to stop the man from going further. I am absolutely disgusted and still quite shaken up. Hospitals are supposed to be safe places but I can honestly say when I was sitting in a&e lsst night I genuinely feared for mine and the other patients safety! Someone needs to seriously view the CCTV footage and find out why this wasn't stopped!

Response from Royal Oldham Hospital

We are sorry to read your comment regarding your visit to the Accident and Emergency department at the Royal Oldham Hospital. If you wish to discuss your concerns, please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0161 604 5897. We will also forward your comment to the department manager to address.