"8 months wait to get an Angiogram ?"

About: Derriford Hospital

8 months wait to get an angiogram and possible stent seems a bit excessive, no one returns calls or can answer basic questions about timescales. If somebody could explain what is going on this would ease at least some of the frustration.

Response from Genny Turner, Senior Quality Facilitator, Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Good morning,

I have liaised with the depart on your behalf who have advised me of the following:-

Unfortunately due to the bed pressure’s on the Trust and the need to cancel patients admissions this has had a knock on effect to our inpatient waiting lists. If a patient is listed for the procedure under a specific Consultant due to the complexity of the patients procedure, this also has a delaying effect as does annual leave or sickness. We endeavour to phone patients back on the same day as a voicemail is left without the patients details I cannot confirm if I have received any messages.

Best wishes

Genny

Response from Derriford Hospital

Good morning, I have liaised with the department on your behalf who have advised me of the following:- Unfortunately due to the bed pressure’s on the Trust and the need to cancel patient’s admissions this has had a knock on effect to our inpatient waiting lists. If a patient is listed for the procedure under a specific Consultant due to the complexity of the patient’s procedure, this also has a delaying effect as does annual leave or sickness. We endeavour to phone patients back on the same day as a voicemail is left without the patients details I cannot confirm if I have received any messages. If you would like to contact the department Support Manager on 01752 439234 by 4pm today she will endeavour to help you. Best wishes Genny