"Consultants and staff of the Rosemere Centre"

About: Royal Preston Hospital

I have been under the care of the hematology consultant and team at the Rosemere Centre for almost two years, through tests, diagnosis, chemotherapy and currently maintenance treatments. Throughout I have felt supported and cared for, the focus being on treating and looking after my 'whole person', not just the illness itself. This has been very reassuring, and has ensured that I have maintained a positive outlook, and have actually come to like going there (odd as that might sound). What I did especially appreciate, particularly in the earlier days, was the time they gave to me to explain and ensure that I understood the tests and the treatment regime that I was to undergo. This department sometimes appears to be under pressure (if the numbers of patients is anything to go by), but the consultant and team work efficiently and have never failed to be polite, respectful and giving of their time.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. It is always extremely pleasing to hear that the care provided was of the standard we aim to offer all our patients. It was also heartening to hear that the standard of communication you experienced was excellent, especially at what was obviously a very worrying time for you. Please be assured that your kind comments have been shared with staff in the Rosemere Centre.

Response from Royal Preston Hospital

THank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. It was extremely pleasing to hear of the high standard of care, support and communication you received at what was obviously a very difficult and worrying time. Please be assured that your kind comments have been shared with staff in the Rosemere Centre.