"A visitor made to feel like family."

About: Royal Victoria Hospital (Folkestone)

While visiting a friend in Folkestone, I found myself with pins and needles running down the right hand side of my body. When my face began to tingle I knew it was time to seek professional help. We arrived at the Royal Victoria and I couldn't have received better treatment. The staff were courteous, kind and caring. It was quickly decided that I should be sent to Ashford A and E and an ambulance was called. My car was in their car park but they didn't recommend I drive. They then ensured that I wouldn't be charged for any parking overstay. The paramedics in the ambulance were equally charming and obviously a little concerned by my symptoms so took me right into Ashford A and E and made sure I was seen by the Triage nurse immediately. As a visitor to Kent I felt a) very embarrassed to be taking a place from a local resident and b) immensely grateful to our wonderful NHS. Thank you so much for taking care of me.

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback, glad to see that we were able to care for you well at a potentially stressful time for you. We are really proud of our staff who work really hard to provide an efficient service with care and compassion. I hope you are recovering well.

Response from Royal Victoria Hospital

I'm sorry to learn that you had these problems while away from home. Please don't worry about taking the place of a local resident - any one of us could be visiting your home area and need medical help. However, I am glad to note that everyone looked after you well - including your car! I hope you are now fully recovered.