"The reception staff were friendly ..."

About: St Mary's Hospital (Portsmouth)

The reception staff were friendly and helpful, and there was a cosy lounge area where cups of tea etc. could be obtained.

I was sent to wait to see a consultant and I waited for at least half an hour after my appointment was due. It then turned out I had been sent to the wrong consultant! I had come a long way for this visit, unable to get a prompt appointment for hospital nearer me. It then turned out that the consultant I saw was the wrong consultant! He gave me a "needle test" for my thyroid condition, but I now have to wait to see another consultant. In fact, as I had not heard yet, had to do a lot of ringing round today (Aug.19th). As I was concerned about my condition anyway, I have found all this most distressing. The doctor sounded almost as if I had done something wrong, but I don't suppose he meant it that way! The "needle test" was given because he and his assistant could see I was distressed, otherwise I would have had to go all the way home with nothing done.

Response from St Mary's Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our services, the Trust takes all feedback seriously. Please get in touch with us directly if you would like us to research your issue further by contacting our Patient and Customer Services Team on 0800 917 6039 or email PALS@porthosp.nhs.uk.