"Care and Dedication from Chest Clinic"

About: Derriford Hospital

I have been attending the clinic for 2 years now and attended again this morning for Oxygen Re-assessment. I am ashamed to say I can't remember the name of the lovely Sister/Nurse who saw me but I hadn't met them before. Once again I was treated with complete respect and compassion, and really felt that they cared. The nurse took time to really listen and answer my questions willingly. I cannot praise the Cardiac/Lung team at Derriford enough. They are without doubt the doing the very best they can with very little support from Government. When the Herald are writing their horror stories they would do well to visit this department and see what an incredible job they are doing. Thank you all, despite long term issues I actually look forward to my visits to this department!

Response from Genny Turner, Senior Quality Facilitator, Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Good afternoon Ali Pullan,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Patient Opinion.

Whilst I appreciate it must be difficult attending the chest clinic regularly over such a long period of time, I am so pleased to hear that you feel that they are doing their best and you feel they have always been treated with respect and compassion.

I will pass on your gratitude to the department.

With best wishes

Genny

Response from Derriford Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on NHS Choices. Whilst I appreciate it must be difficult attending the chest clinic regularly over such a long period of time, I am so pleased to hear that you feel that they are doing their best and you feel they have always treated you with respect and compassion. I will pass on your gratitude to the department. With best wishes Genny