"95 year old, confused lady had a collapse"

About: Queen Alexandra Hospital

I was visiting my mother in a care home in Petersfield when she collapsed in quite an alarming way. The staff called an ambulance. They recommended taking her to A&E and, apprehensively, I agreed. I accompanied my mother every step of the way and the staff couldn't have been kinder or more efficient. They gave her fluids intravenously and took a blood test which indicated an infection. Then they booked transport before the 8pm deadline so that she could return the same day. The transport arrived too promptly, before the treatment was complete, so they happily took another patient back to Petersfield and then came all the way back to collect my mother. Altogether an amazing example of a fantastic NHS and the wonderful people who work in it.

Response from Queen Alexandra Hospital

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am so pleased to learn that your mother's care and treatment was efficient and that you were happy with her admission. I will of course let the appropriate staff know of your gratitude as I am sure they will be just as pleased to read this as I was.