"Waiting time for planned operation."

About: Southern General Hospital / General Surgery

I met with my consultant on in January regarding an operation. it was agreed there and then that I needed surgery. due to the nature of surgery I was informed that I would be on the "priority"list, and would be done within 4-6 weeks or there about. 13 weeks down the road and still no date despite phoning the hospital 3 times (3rd time was today) to be told I would be contacted the next day. I have had my pre-op assessment, that was 4 weeks ago. So much for being priority and the so called 12 week guarantee.

Response from Niall McGrogan, Head of Patient Experience and Public Involvement, I work for Dr Margaret Maguire, the Director of Nursing, here at NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde, NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde

Dear Patient

I am really sorry to hear about your experiences waiting for an operation. I can imagine that having been told you were on a priority list and then not recieving confirmation of a date must be very frustrating. I apologise for this. Would you mind contacting me directly to provide me with some information so that I can pursue this matter further.

niall.mcgrogan@ggc.scot.nhs.uk

Yours sincerely,

Niall Mc Grogan

Update posted by Deadlycabbage (the patient)

Update on waiting list. Got a phonecall this morning, finally got a date for operation.

Many thanks to Patient Opinion.

Dear patient

Thank you for getting in contact with me and then the Administration Manager for Surgery and Anaesthetics. I am pleased that a date has now been made for your admission and operation.

I understand that my colleague has arranged a meeting with all those concerned to review what happened to you and to emphasise the importance of sharing with all of our patients accurate information and communicating back to the patient any changes or delays.

Thank you for posting on Patient Opinion and may I wish you all the best in the future.

Yours sincerely,

• Deadlycabbage thinks this response is helpful