"my first ever visit to this hospital"

About: East Surrey Hospital

Unfortunately my lil one had to go to the CAU for wheezing. The staff was very nice. i was satisfied with most of the things. But one thing was really bad and serious. The kettle lying in the parents room in the ward is full of limescale which has turned brown due to severe accumulation! and i saw poor parents using that without having knowing that. I wish the staff takes care of such things which can lead to some more patients! the cleanliness level was not very high as would expect in a hospital. washrooms were also very bad.

Response from Cathy White, Patient Experience Lead, Patient Experience Team, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Anonymous,

With best wishes,

Cathy White

Patient Experience Survey Manager

Response from East Surrey Hospital

Dear Anonymous, Thank you for your feedback about our Children's Assessment Unit, I am pleased that you were satisfied with the care your child received and hope that s/he is now fully recovered. I will pass your observations about the kettle in the parents' room and cleanliness of certain areas on to the staff involved. With best wishes, Cathy White Patient Experience Team