"Rude Staff"

About: Chorley & South Ribble Hospital

Yesterday I had a follow-up appointment at Chorley Hospital. Although I have no complaints about the standard of care I've been receiving or the competence of the medical team, I was utterly appalled at the manor of one of the receptionists. Less than helpful answering basic questions, poor attitude and downright rude. No eye contact was given, and the way in which I was spoken to was somewhat undermining. When I attend a medical facility I expect to be treated pleasantly, with some respect. Yesterday's experience was unacceptable on any level. It's traumatic enough visiting a hospital without further negativity by members of staff.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, We were very sorry to hear that your experience was negatively affected by the attitude of one staff member, which is, we would agree wholly unaceptable. Your comments have been shared with the General Manager for Outpatient Services to enable her to deal with the situation; however, should you feel it would be helpful to discuss your concerns in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Department on 01772 522521.

Response from Chorley & South Ribble Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are extremely sorry to hear that your experience was marred by the unaceptable attitude of the receptionist. Your comments have been forwarded to the General Manager for Outpatient Services to enable her to deal with the situation.