"Cataract surgery at Hull & East Yorkshire Eye..."

About: Hull Royal Infirmary

I have now had cataracts removed from both eyes at this hospital and am delighted with the results. For the first time in over 74 years I have no need to wear glasses, except for close reading. From my first visit for assessment, for my two visits for surgery and for the following clinical visits I have been most impressed by the very high standards of professionalism and care shown by all the staff I cannot praise them enough; they are outstanding. I have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone with eyesight problems.

Response from Hull Royal Infirmary

Thank you for adding you comment to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and we will ensure that the staff concerned are made aware of these. If you would like to become more involved in decisions about local healthcare, we are recruiting members. By becoming a member you receive our quarterly newsletter, find out more about your local NHS and help us improve local services. You can also attend our ‘medicine for members’ sessions and respond to questionnaires. You don’t need any special skills or experience to become a member; you just need an interest in local health services. There is no commitment, you can get involved as much or as little as you choose. For more information please either email foundation.trust@hey.nhs.uk or telephone the Corporate Affairs office on (01482) 675165. If you need to discuss our services further, please do not hesitate to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service on (01482) 623065 or email on pals@hey.nhs.uk as we are always striving to improve our patients experience. Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your views on local NHS services. Kind regards, Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust.