"The care and attention received from CCU has been fantastic"

About: Royal Alexandra Hospital / Cardiology

While I was 20 weeks pregnant It was discovered that I had Mitral Stenosis and that I was very ill and I was told that myself and my unborn baby might not survive, thankfully we did due to to the fantastic care and attention I received from the doctors and nurses. I was admitted to the CCU at the RAH and honestly cannot say a bad word about the unit or the staff. I was terrified when I was told about my heart and Dr Murphy and the staff in the CCU explained in detail what was happening and when I got upset (which was quite often) a nurse would always sit with me and reassure me which made me feel better. My son was born 8 weeks early due to my heart not coping and he stayed in the SBCU for 5 weeks. He had been home only 4 weeks when I took ill and had a stay in the CCU. Again, the nurses and Dr Murphy were fantastic not only with me but my family also, they made arrangements where my family could bring up my newborn son outwith visiting hours as I had hardly spent anytime bonding with him, this helped me cope a little bit better with being in hospital. I had my open heart surgery in the April and had been discharged for 5 days when I once again had another stay in the CCU for about 3 weeks this time and yet again I cannot stress the care and attention I received with fantastic. Dr Murphy has been my cardiologist from the very day I found out about my heart and the care I receive from her is the best, in my eyes Dr Murphy goes above and beyond with my care which I feel I am very lucky to have. I couldn't ask for a nicer, more genuine consultant to be looking after me. If ever I become unwell I know I just need to phone the department and Dr Murphy will call me back. The staff and the CCU put up with a lot of abuse, bad manners and unnecessary harrassment and never have I witnessed them rising to this, they always treat every patient with the best care and attention no matter what is thrown at them. I generally feel that the staff here deserve an award and they will always be be my second family.

Dear bailbo74 worker

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are out and about over the next week but will respond to your properly when we get back.

Thank you.

Response from Niall McGrogan, Head of Patient Experience and Public Involvement, I work for Dr Margaret Maguire, the Director of Nursing, here at NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde, NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde

Dear Bailbo74

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed note of thanks. I will pass on your kind words to Dr Murphy and ask that they are shared with the entire team. Im sure your posting will make the teams day!

Yours sincerely,