"Fantastic care during my pregnancy, birth and surgery."

About: Golden Jubilee National Hospital / General Surgery Royal Alexandra Hospital / Cardiology Royal Alexandra Hospital / Maternity care Southern General Hospital / Maternity care

It came as a shock to myself and my family when I was 20 weeks pregnant that I had Mitral Stenosis. I was told at the time I was quite seriously ill and that myself and my baby might not make it, thankfully we did and my son was born at The Golden Jubilee in December 2012, 8 weeks early. During my pregnancy the care and support I received from the team at the Jubilee was fantastic. Hamish Walker and Niki Walker really looked after me and my family with the best care ever. My son was transfered to the Southern General as soon as he was born and I as soon as I woke up from my C Section a camera was set up where It linked up my baby's bed and I could watch him 24/7 and chat to the nursers looking after him, which was just fantastic. This camera 100% help me mentally. Four months later I had to have open heart surgery to replace my heart valve, again the care and attention I received from Mr Berg and his team was the best. Having to face such a serious operation was made a little easier with the care and support from all the staff at the hospital. Hamish and Nikki Walker most defintely saved my life and my sons which I will always be thankful to them.

Response from Christine McGuinness, Communications Manager, Golden Jubilee National Hospital

Dear bailbo74

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Golden Jubilee National Hospital.

We think our staff do an excellent job, so it's great to hear that our team looked after you so well. We will make sure that we pass on your kind comments to the team.

The babycam link is a great way to keep new mums in touch with their babies during what must be a scary and difficult time. It's great to hear how much this helped you and your son.

Best wishes to you all from all of us at the Golden Jubilee National Hospital.

• bailbo74 thinks this response is helpful

Dear bailbo74 worker

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are out and about over the next week but will respond to your properly when we get back.

Thank you.

Response from Niall McGrogan, Head of Patient Experience and Public Involvement, I work for Dr Margaret Maguire, the Director of Nursing, here at NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde, NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde

Dear Bailbo 74

I am really pleased to hear about such a positive experience. I had nt heard of the babycam before but it sounds a great idea and mattered when you needed it most.

Thank you so much for this and your other posting - our staff really appreciate it.

Yours sincerely,