"Extremely impressed lady"

About: Pontefract General Infirmary

Having recently had to undergo a Total Knee Replacement, I understandably had some fears about my care & treatment in hospital. My surgery and aftercare took place at the Elective Orthopedics Unit at Pontefract General Hospital. From the minute I entered early in the morning of surgery I was treated with kindness and understanding, allaying all my fears. From my surgical team through to my nursing team, ancillary , catering etc. nothing was too much trouble and every procedure was carried out with care, kindness & professionalism. There were 3 other ladies in my room and all of us commented on how well we were treated. The meals were excellent, it was clean plates all round. My physiotherapist taught me the exercise regime I needed to do daily with encouragement and gave me the belief that I could do it. You are amazing!. Before and after surgery I was seen by my surgeon and anaesthetist who both explained fully the procedure, answering all my questions. Overall I would/will recommend this hospital to friends and family.

Response from Pontefract General Infirmary

Thank you for this feedback and kind comments. We are pleased that your experience was positive and wish you a speedy and uneventful recovery from your surgery.