"Regarding the treatment of my father."

About: St Richard's Hospital

Unfortunately my father had to attend A & E last week. He suffers from very sever dementia and all medical treatment is extremely difficult as he has no communication left to him. His doctor had 'phoned ahead as she was unable to help. On arrival at St Richards we were shown straight to a cubical and the relevent specialists were waiting to help him. He was treated with great compassion and efficiency and within the hour we were on our way home. May I say that dementia is a terrible disease both for the patient and their family and hospital visits are stressful to both parties. The attention he received was wonderful and very refreshing. Many ,many thanks.

Response from St Richard's Hospital

Thank you for writing this. As you say, having a relative who suffers from dementia can be extremely distressing and challenging. We are very pleased that this visit to A & E was dealt with so efficiently, and that your father was able to return home so quickly. The staff in A & E will be delighted to hear about your appreciation of their work.