"He made me feel safe and comfortable"

About: Queen's Medical Centre / General surgery

I have recently been a patient on the "HDU" at Queens Medical Centre following emergency surgery. My care was generally fine, but I have to single out a male nurse who made a huge difference to me and my family. The ward is very busy but he made me feel safe and comfortable, and the other nurses seemed to look up to him. From memory his name is Matt, if I am wrong forgive me but I am so grateful to him. Most of the nurses were fab.

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. It’s great hear and indeed recognise those individual members of staff who stand out to patients for doing such a good job. We have shared your comments with both Matt, and the team. Wishing you well in your recovery.

Response from Queen's Medical Centre

This feedback was originally posted in April 2015 via the Patient Opinion website. There is presently a technical problem with the NHS Choices website. This means a back log of comments are presently being pulled from the Patient Opinion website later than usual. We have escalated our concerns to the NHS Choices team, who have assured us that their team are working to resolve the problem. We responded to this post back in April 2015. This lovely feedback was shared with the staff involved at the time.