"The care my father received in the Emergency Department"

About: Glasgow Royal Infirmary / Accident & Emergency

Dad was rushed in to the Emergency Department but sadly nothing could be done for him. My greatest wish was that I did not want him to pass away on a trolley & the staff were fantastic through the whole process & very quickly got a bed for him on ward 65, where the staff were equally caring & compassionate to all of the family.

I am very sorry for the loss of your father and my condolences are with you and the rest of your family. I apologise that your posting has not been acknowledged until now, but would like to sincerely thank you for getting in touch to highlight the levels of care you received from those members of staff at the most difficult of times.

From your posting I can see what a difference this made to your family and will ensure that the staff of the Emergency Department and Ward 65 are made aware of this. I'm sure they will be very touched that you took the time to share your experience.

With best wishes,

Lorna

• Forever grateful family thinks this response is helpful