"Mental health support for older child."

About: Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust / Child and adolescent mental health

(as a parent/guardian),

Moved to area 4 weeks ago. Absolutely isolated with no support despite a referral to and 2 brief visits from early intervention team. Complete lack of understanding of child's needs. Very strange nurse who my daughter is highly nervous of. I feel there will be a downward spiral in my daughters mental health as a result. She is on anti psychotic medication and the lack of concern or support is breath taking.

Response from Sarah Harrison, Head of Hearing Feedback, Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences.

We would very much welcome the opportunity to explore the issues you raise in your post if you felt this was something you would be interested in doing. Please feel free to contact me on 01772 695315.

Regards,

• MrsPG doesn't think this response is helpful
    {{helpful}} of {{totalOthers()}} other people think it is helpful

Update posted by MrsPG (a parent/guardian)

Nine months on from this and nothing has changed.

Update posted by MrsPG (a parent/guardian)

This post has somehow been tagged as CAMHS but it is the Early Intervention Service based at The Mount Accrington. Apparently at 16 my child is an adult.

I am sorry to hear that you are continuing to experience problems. If you would like to get in touch to discuss this further, I would be very pleased to support you with seeking further support. Please feel free to get in touch as above.

Regards,