"First class treatment at Lightburn"

About: Lightburn Hospital

I recently complained about the time it took me to get through to Lightburn with a simple telephone inquiry about how to reach the hospital by public transport. I'd now like to balance that negative with a positive, because my treatment once I actually got to the hospital that day was first class in every way. I hadn't been there since 2004, and I was delighted to recognise - and be recognised by - many of the staff who treated me then, including Jo Page, the genius physio who got me walking again. My tests were conducted speedily and efficiently by an excellent young doctor - she knows who she is, but I shan't embarrass her by naming her. I had a really good day.

Dear David1937,

Thank you for using Patient Opinion again to let me know about the positive experience you had at Lightburn - I appreciate you doing so as it is important to learn from the positive experiences as much as the negative ones.

It is fantastic to hear that you got to meet again some of the staff who treated you the last time you were in the hospital - I will pass on your kind comments about them as I know they will be really pleased with them.

Thanks again for taking the time to get in touch.

Best Wishes,