"Pain Management"

About: Pontefract General Infirmary

I'm on my 3rd course of Lignocaine infusions under the doctor at Pontefract Hospital's Pain Management clinic, I actually look forward to having a needle stuck in me, I'm a bit upset about the removal of my toast rations but understand this is due to the department being so busy. On a serious note, I suffer constant chronic pain and this procedure softens that pain and for short periods actually brightens my outlook on life. The staff always have a chuckle with you and you can still have as many cups of tea and biscuits as you like (no substitute for toast though). I have gone there at times feeling very low and negative and after a few mins with the Doc and their team you feel a little better. I'd like to say thanks for not quitting on me and look forward to my next needle.

Response from Pontefract General Infirmary

Thank you this feedback. We are very much aware that the pain management service is really important in terms of improving the quality of life for its patients. We are very pleased that you have found the service to be of help and appreciate you taking the time to post.