About: Royal Bolton Hospital

Currently waiting for wrist operation. Was told my op would be for today 27/3/15 was contacted on the 26/3/15 and told I was being put on standby for PM operation. No phone call back, so had to contact them myself. Was told I was now on standby for op on the 28/3/15 and would be contacted by 5 pm to verify the details.. No phone call again !! Utter disgrace that I have to call and ask what is happening. So is my operation on for tomorrow and do I fast from midnight???

Response from Royal Bolton Hospital

The department of Trauma and Orthopaedics is very sorry that you have been dissatisfied with the service. The management of trauma patients is based on their clinical priority. This is a consultant lead process based on the medical needs of each individual patients. Unfortunately at times it does mean we have to cancel and rebook patients when for example a hip fracture patient is admitted through A&E. We will share the feedback regarding the timing of communication from the department to you with the wider team so to prevent this occurring where possible in the future.