About: William Harvey Hospital

Chaos! Nurses weren't sure which Doctors were in what rooms, reception were sending people to the wrong department, people needing ECG before being seen were sent to the wrong place, a clear culture of not knowing what was going on. I also assume bad policy but my previous hospitals notes/tests were not here which made my consultation fruitless. How can you take a referral and not have notes? I had to tell the Dr what was wrong with me, I don't think its the patients job to remember the ins and outs of treatment and results! My last hospital had a Rheumatology department, rather than an outpatients area, which meant a varied library of useful leaflets, notes about helplines, charity support, in hospital support. None of that at WHH, a definite downgrade from 5 star to 1 star treatment. In fact this form wants me to select the department I was seen in, but it wasn't a department, it was a generic outpatients area! Also I expect most patients require tests, at Medway hospital they give you the paperwork to do this before your next visit, bit late going for bloods and X rays after being seen. Great HCA though, and kind nurses. For me this was a waste of time. The worst consultation I've ever had, no plans to return if these are the standards, but then that's down to the Dr I saw, not the hospital generally.

I am so sorry to read about your experience. Please do email me with your details on Julie.pearce1@nhs.net. We do want to learn when we don't get things quite right. Let me know if you would like a discussion to resolve your concerns.