"The kindness from the staff in A&E"

About: East Surrey Hospital / Accident and emergency

The staff in the A&E at East Surrey were so kind and efficient when I had cause to visit with a badly broken arm.

They cared for me with respect and understanding, they are a credit to the NHS particularly nurse Susie Baillie. The doctor was also extremely kind and caring. The kindness, respect and thoughtfulness made my accident bearable to cope with.

I would like to say a huge thank you to them all and it does make me want to shout about how proud I am of my local hospital when you hear such criticism in the press.

Dear Tezza

It was good to read your great comments about your recent treatment in the A&E department at East Surrey Hospital. I will ensure your comments are shared with the relevant staff members, particularly the colleague you mention by name.

It is also particularly good to read that you are so proud of your local hospital - as we are! As a local resident you may be interested in getting involved in how the Trust is run and if that does interest you please have a look at our website http://www.surreyandsussex.nhs.uk/ft/ where you can find out about becoming a Foundation Trust member.

• Tezza thinks this response is helpful