"chaotic systems and provision"

About: Good Hope Hospital

My elederly mother admitted. She is distressed because she has been treated unkindly no-one will talk to her about her treatment: presumably they think all oldert people are demented. I arranged a phone call as next of kin from a doctor two days in advance, for a time slot today. No-one called and the staff nurse on enquiring told me there were no doctors on the ward|: someone would call me asap. No response all day. This is the third example over five years I have of this hospital treatingh older people and their relatives without any respect.. i do not think this hospital should be treating older people: they just don't know how to do it well and don't learn from experience.

Response from Iona Belgrove, Patient Services Manager, Heart Of England NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your feedback regarding the issues you and your mother are experiencing at Good Hope Hospital. I am very concerned to read your comments and would like you to contact me on 0121 424 0808 or email patientservices@heartofengland.nhs.uk so that I can obtain some more information.

With kind regards