"My stay at the Royal"

About: Sunderland Royal Hospital / General surgery

was in ward c31 for bariatric op.

I can't thank everyone enough for my treatment during my stay.

Mr Mahawar and the theatre staff were excellent, everything was explained at every stage,

Nursing staff were professional, efficient, and caring at all times, and had a fine sense of humor,

Must also thank the Sunderland PTS, they stepped in at the last minute and provided transport home for me, when someone had lost my transport authority letter from Cumbria. In all an excellent experience, please thank these people on my behalf.

Response from Andrea Hetherington, Deputy Head of Corporate Affairs, City Hospitals Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience of care provided by the bariatric surgery team and the staff on Ward C31. We will ensure this is shared with them. They'll be delighted to know how much their efforts have been appreciated by you. We hope you're contining to do well at home and have now fully recovered from your surgery.

Thank you once again.

• Braxfield thinks this response is helpful

Response from Sunderland Royal Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the care you received from the bariatric team at Sunderland Royal Hospital. Please accept our apologies for the delay in responding however your comments, which were posted on the Patient Opinion site in March, have only recently been received by us. We are delighted to hear you were well looked after and that every member of the team were professional and caring as this is extremely important in a service such as bariatrics which is provided by a wide range of staff groups. We will share your feedback with all those involved in your care. Thank you once again and we hope you have continued to do well following your surgery.