"Lightburn switchboard"

About: Lightburn Hospital

I phoned this morning to find out which buses went to Lightburn. I wanted to make my own way to the hospital tomorrow for an appointment rather than request NHS transport. I had to ring three times, each time for about five minutes, before - eventually - a young man answered. "Can you tell me which buses go to Lightburn? ", I asked. "I've no idea, " he replied. He was about to hang up, but I asked him to put me on to somebody who would know. Again, the phone rang out for about five minutes with no reply and I gave up. Now this wasn't all that important. But does this hospital never have emergencies? Smarten up, people!

Dear David1937,

I take on board your point with regards to the time taken to get through to someone on the telephone - I understand that this can be frustrating for those looking to make an enquiry when the switchboard is busy.

When you are looking for information on public transport to any of our health facilities, you should use the Traveline Scotland website (http://www.travelinescotland.com/welcome.do) or contact them by telephone on 0871 200 22 33. Traveline Scotland provides up to date timetable information and can also help you plan your journey by public transport. I hope this will be of use to you in future.

• David1937 thinks this response is helpful