"Our Expierence"

About: Queen Alexandra Hospital

My Husband was on Intensive Care from 15th until 17th January 2015 after undergoing surgery following complications for blocked bifemoral tubes. I cannot fault the care he was given by the staff. However I was shocked and upset in the way my husband was told that there was nothing more that could be done for him and that he was going to die, the person that told him said they would come back later to see if he had understood. Bearing in mind that he was drifting in and out of consciousness,the look on my husbands face after being told will stay with me for ever. I did say that I did not want my husband to be told this, but was told that if he asked then it is your policy he should be told, (He did not ask). There was no empathy in the way it was delivered to him.

Response from Queen Alexandra Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to feedback. I am sorry to hear of the issues you have encountered with communication and I know the team will be very disappointed as we pride ourselves on the care and communication that we deliver.