"Visit to A & E"

About: New Cross Hospital

I was sent by my GP to New Cross A & E with a suspected minor stroke. I was assessed within 15 minutes of booking in, and was then seen by a doctor within another 30 minutes. The Doctor after examining me immediately organized a CT Scan, which again was done within minutes. Afterwards I was taken by a nurse to an A & E cubicle where I was given an ECG exam, and blood was taken for examination. Eventually the Doctor returned with all the results and was able to reassure myself & my wife that I had not suffered a stroke, but that they were going to send me to the TIA clinic to be further assessed. I therefore went to the Heart & Lung department and was seen by a Doctor who examined me, and showed me the results of the CT scan, and again I was reassured that I had not suffered a stoke, but that they wanted me to have an MRI scan to confirm their findings and to ensure there were no other underlying problems. I was very pleased with all the departments that I visited and by the friendly courteous and professional staff I had dealings with. Well done New Cross.

Response from The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust

Dear David Ridgway

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent experience in our Emergency Department and TIA clinic.

I will share your comments with our staff!

I wish you well with your recovery!

Kindest regards