"rheumatology department"

Am absolutely appalled by the lack of organisation that i have encountered since changing my hospital to Orpington Hospital. I did not receive an appointment for a considerable time and then my prescription was not signed until a full month after seeing a specialist, causing me to miss at least 6 weeks of medication. I then suffered an infection and had to stop treatment. When I had my next appointment i was told i would be seen in a month by a specialist and this was in January, I still haven't received an appointment and was told today that nothing is on the system. Also was given no blood forms on last apt. When ever i try to ring i am faced with yet another answer machine, the appointments line never picks up. Its ridiculous.

Response from Orpington Hospital

Can you please consider contacting our Patient Advice and Liaison Service whose email address is kch-tr.palskent@nhs.net We would want to look at your appointment difficulties to identify why you have experienced delays and if you still have not received a follow up appointment we can seek to expedite that process. I am also very sorry that you have experienced such difficulty in making telephone contact with appointments staff.