"The Care of my Mother"

About: East Surrey Hospital

My mother was brought into A&E after a bad fall with a deep head cut. She was101 years old. The A&E staff gave her excellent care and were very caring towards myself & my husband (it was the early hours of the morning). She remained under the care of A&E in the high intensive unit until she could be moved up to Bletchingly Ward in the evening. Staff were very happy for us to be with her all the time she was in A&E. Mum's care in Bletchingly Ward was also good and we were kept updated, it was unfortunate that she died, but that was just one of those things. We are very pleased with our experience with the two departments concerned and wanted to give you positive feedback at a time when hospitals are undergoing so much negative publicity.

Dear Valerie Lucas

I will ensure your kind words are shared with the relevant staff.

Ian

Response from East Surrey Hospital

Dear Valerie Lucas Firstly may I pass on my condolences for the loss of your Mother but it is good to read that you felt that she was so well looked after during her time in East Surrey Hospital. I'm very pleased to read that your mother and you were so supported and cared for by the teams in A&E and Bletchingley ward. I will ensure your kind words are shared with the relevant staff. Kind regards Ian Mackenzie, Director of Information and Facilities, Surrey and Sussex Helathcare NHS Trust