"Lawrence Clinic"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Mental Health Services for Older People – Community (City)

(as a carer),

This was difficult to answer because there was no feedback, review or contact with the staff until the last meeting. Wife was unable to tell me what she had been doing in detail, although she had passed a pleasant few hours and seemed happy. It was apparent during this period that my wife’s condition was worsening. She was happy socially but increasingly disorientated. There is of course no opportunity to discuss this with the health professionals during the -dementia journey. Her confidence is less. Her balance and orientation get worse (falls out walking). She is less able to find her way about the house. Tends to wander off when out walking or shopping and cannot be left alone. My wife benefits from WI and Civic Trust monthly, family visits and dog walking, has carers 2 mornings a week. It is not easy to assess her progress / benefit at the clinic.

Response from Debbie Stevens, Deputy Day Services Manager, Lawrence Day Services-Newark/Sherwood, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Hi, sorry to hear about your experience and you felt you was not able to speak to anyone. However I am aware that you did have every opportunity to speak to myself or another memeber of staff when we collected your wife from the main reception, before and after the groups. We could have taken you to a quiet room to discuss matters of any concerns. If you wish to contact us please feel free to do so.