About: Royal Berkshire Hospital

The oncology consultant in the Cancer Centre saw me half an hour late when there was hardly any patients. I was unable to talk to them and they used plenty of medical terminilogy which I did not understand. They were very rude and unpleasant and could not wait to get rid of me saying I would have to ask for the care from my GP as the cost the hospital would get for seeing me was not much. Very unhelpful and I would not go to see them again. I was told people in that department were approachable and caring.

Response from Royal Berkshire Hospital

We are very sorry to hear of your negative experience at the Berkshire Cancer Centre and would like to look into this issue further if at all possible. We would therefore be very grateful if you could possibly contact the Patient Relations Team on 0119 322 8338 or email talktous@royalberkshire.nhs.uk in order to give us further information to allow a robust inquiry as to the events surrounding your poor experience. This will enable us to learn from your experiences and ensure we improve patient satisfaction for the future.