""Heartfelt" thanks"

About: Scottish Ambulance Service / Emergency Ambulance Wishaw General Hospital / Cardiology

I suffered a heart attack at 14. 10 in mid February 15, by 18. 15 on the same day I was exiting the theatre having had the blockage cleared and a Stent inserted.

I write this story to express my "heartfelt" thanks to Dr Andrew Docherty and his surgical team at Hairmyres, the CCU teams at Hairmyres and Wishaw General and A&E at Wishaw. The apprehension that consumes you during the realisation of what is happening is eased by the total Professionalism of all the staff that I encountered from the the first contact with the Ambulance para-medics all the way through to the after care on the Coronary Care Units, the fact that I was kept informed of everything that was happening to me at all stages of my treatment had a very reassuring effect. My experience has left me humbled at the sheer dedication of the staff in their vocation to save peoples lives.

Once again Thank You.

Response from Marion Mark, Director of Hospital Services, Wishaw General Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear johnar

I am sorry to hear of your heart attack but I am pleased that you received prompt treatment.

Please be assured I will pass on your “heartfelt” thanks onto Dr Docherty and the teams they will be delighted to receive your comments. I am glad they kept you informed at what must have been an anxious time for you.

I hope you are recovering well.

Best Wishes

Marion

• gblad thinks this response is helpful

Response from Martin Esposito, Patient Experience Manager, Corporate Affairs and Engagement Department, Scottish Ambulance Service

Hi johnar

Thanks for sharing your story and glad to hear that you are on the mend. What I find really interesting about your experience is when you describe being kept informed and how it really helped you during your heart attack. Good, positive communication is a vital part of caring for patients, and their loved ones. Your experience demonstrates how important this is.

Please take care,