"Hospital feedback"

About: Royal Berkshire Hospital

I never actually met my consultant in the months I visited RB, I was seen by senior nurse who failed to get my name right on every occasion I visited, and, if the most recent opinions coming from the clinic at Wexham Park are to be believed, misled me as to the nature and severity of my condition, and on two occasions was economical with the truth as the wrong tests (requested by him) had been conducted. In summation, I was advised, again by a nurse, to undergo chemotherapy treatment, even though the liver viral load results were inconclusive. I did not return to RB, and neither they, my GP or the referring clinic at Wexham followed up until a potentially related condition manifested itself in autumn of last year, spotted by a new doctor at The Marlow Medical Group clinic. The condition is as yet inadequately diagnosed and explained, my health has begun to suffer, and it has taken on average four months to arrange appointments with any of the medical establishments involved.

Response from Royal Berkshire Hospital

We are very sorry to hear that you had such a poor experience. Our aim is that all patients feel respected and well cared for. We would wish to offer you the opportunity to discuss your concerns with us if it would be of help. If you contact our Patient Relations Team on 0118 322 8338 or email talktous@royalberkshire.nhs.uk they will facilitate contact with the relevant team for you.