"Not impressed with the advice given!"

About: William Harvey Hospital

I called this hospital 3/ 4 weeks ago to ask if I could get rout canal treatment on my infected tooth which had led to a urinary infection and me being admitted to A and E due to the severity. I spoke to a lady in the maxillofacial department who simply said I need to get a referral from my GP or dentist to be referred for treatment. She said it was a routine thing that they dealt with every day. My GP and dentist both referred me. I stressed to the trust that it was urgent as I was at risk of another infection if it wasn't treated. 3 Weeks later after numerous chasing every day I am eventually told that they have referred me to another department for non urgent issues. Then 3 days later I am told it is now being referred back to my dentist! Then my dentist has to re-refer me to another hospital which deals with non urgent issues which will take 15 weeks! No understanding for the fact its nearly been 4 weeks already! Meanwhile the pain in my tooth is back and I am going to be in the same position. Can't believe I am paying for this via taxes and you just get treated like a pest. I am in pain and not happy at all.

Thank you for your feedback. Please do email me on Julie.pearce1@nhs.net so we can see if we can resolve your problem.