"Referred by the doctor"

About: Manor Hospital / Accident and emergency

Was referred to AMU with doctor’s letter where I was fobbed of to a/e where I waited for 7, yes 7 hours without any attendance.... All I got was misinformation from nurses who seemed more concerned about giving out tea than patient care.

Response from Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment to the Patient Opinion website. We're sorry to read about your wait in the Emergency Department. Unfortunately it is a very busy department, we're also disappointed to read that you feel Nurses were not concerned about Patient Care. We'd like the opportunity to learn more about this and would appreciate if you could call our Patient Relations team to discuss your experience at the Trust.

Response from Manor Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to write into us and we are very sorry that you experienced a very long wait in the Emergency Department. We always strive to see patients within a four hour period , however at times of extreme pressure sometimes this is not always possible. We will ensure that your comments are passed onto the ED department to help improve the care we offer.