"reassuring, friendly and professional staff"

About: St Thomas' Hospital (London)

I attended the Early Pregnancy Unit in January because I was concerned about some spotting. I was given a scan. The experience was a very positive one. I was seen fairly quickly and kept informed throughout the whole process. Everyone was professional and friendly, which helped me relax during a stressful situation. The sonographer was also sensitive - I was given a scan photo but advised to keep it out of sight on the way out as not everyone there receives good news. Having a walk-in EPU for emergencies is very reassuring. I would like to thank the staff for their care and professionalism and I would recommend the unit to anyone in a similar position.

Response from St Thomas' Hospital

I am delighted to learn that you received such compassionate and professional care at the Early Pregnancy and Acute Gynaecology Unit (EPAG). Your kind comments have been shared with the Matron and senior nurses responsible for EAPG who were very appreciative and will in turn share your comments with their team. Thank you for taking then time to tell us about your experience.