"Thank you for caring for me and my baby"

About: Ninewells Hospital / Maternity care

I had my son at Ninewells Hospital a month ago and meant to write to say thanks but never quite got round to it so a friend told me about this site.

I had my daughter 3 years ago and didn't have such a good experience as I didn't get much help. The ward was so busy and I didn't get much help even though I had had a c section. I had to give up breast feeding when I got home.

I was dreading it again this time and wanted to go home quickly but it was really different. The staff were very nice and helped me lots. They made a cup of tea during the night when I couldn't sleep and helped me with breast feeding my baby. They were great and it made me feel like I mattered and wasn't just another patient.

Thank you for caring for me and my baby, I'm loving breast feeding this time!

Response from Alison Moss, Feedback Manager, NHS Tayside

Dear LilyandRurie

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your story on Patient Opinion. I was sorry to read that you did not have a good experience when your daughter was born and that this left you dreading the prospect of giving birth again. I am delighted to hear that your experience this time round was so much better and that you felt supported and cared for. The staff will be delighted to learn of the difference their help made to you and that you are loving breast feeding this time around. Can I take this opportunity to wish you and your family all the very best.

Kind regards.