"Cannot get through to anyone"

About: Eastbourne District General Hospital

I have been trying to contact the hospital for 3 weeks, ringing multiple times in one day. I have so far not been able to get through to anyone - my operation is scheduled for tomorrow but I know nothing about it and am unable to speak to anyone. Whenever I get through I am put through to a voicemail message. I think this is absolutely unacceptable for me to not even be able to speak to a human about an operation which I am due to have tomorrow.

Response from Eastbourne District General Hospital

We are very sorry that you had difficulties making contact with the maxillofacial department. This must have been incredibly frustrating and is not the high standard of service we aim to provide. Please be assured we take all comments very seriously and have forwarded your posting to the General Manager for Maxillofacial services. For future reference, please note we have a Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) who are always happy to advise and support patients by liaising with Trust staff on their behalf. The Eastbourne office can be contacted on 01323 435886 or by email at esh-tr.PALSE@nhs.net. Once again, please accept our sincere apologies.