"My grandsons care"

About: Royal Alexandra Hospital / Paediatrics

My grandson was urgently refered to the assessment area of ward 15 by his gp.

Both myself and his mother were understandably anxious when we arrived, but were immediately put at ease by the nurse who looked after him, Victoria. Although the unit was busy, she made us feel like nothing was too much trouble and even went to find him a Thomas the tank dvd (his favourite! ).

Fortunately we were able to be discharged home later that afternoon after we were seen by a lovely Dr, whose name unfortunately I cannot remember, and while I hope that we do not need to visit the ward again I feel confident that both my daughter and grandson would be well taken care of if we had to.

I would be grateful if my thanks could be passed on to the team in the ward, but in particular to Victoria and also Allison who we also met. I could not have asked for better, friendlier care.

Dear very grateful granny,

Thank you so much for your kind comments, which we have shared with our team. We are delighted that our staff were able to offer support to your daughter and grandson at their time of need, and have sincerely thanked them on your behalf. I hope that your grandson is now feeling much better. Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Coral Brady, Business and Administration Manager, Royal Hospital for Sick Children and Fiona Young, Senior Charge Nurse, Ward 15