"Not a Happy Bunny"

About: Peterborough City Hospital

The majority of staff are wonderful and working under great pressure however, I had the misfortune to be treated by a member of staff who was of a different ilk to the rest and made disrespectful comments such as how she was almost my age and fit, how her hair was not as grey as mine (Nice and Easy does it) the most hurtful was how my toenails needed cutting and this was self neglect. How dare she say this to Mrs Estee Lauder I am very immobile and my wonderful husband helps me do this sadly he couldn't manage a pedicure before the ambulance arrived. Fortunately I only needed to spend one night this time and was released the next day 'If you haven't any kindness in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble' perhaps she could use this quote to her next coronary care patient.

Response from Lesley Crosby, Deputy Chief Nurse, Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

I am so saddened to receive your feedback and would like an opportunity to discuss this with you in person. Please could you contact me on lesley.crosby@pbh-tr.nhs.uk so we can arrange a time when we can have a chat as I am keen that this is addressed so that no one else experiences the same issues as yourself. Once again my apologies that you were left feeling this way.