"A compliment"

About: St George's Hospital (Tooting) (London)

I was very impressed by the efficiency of care I received and the dedication shown by all members of staff I encountered. In view of the pressure on the staff in A & E, I was well- attended whilst waiting for admission: this was the lengthiest part of the process as a bed in Cardiology was unavailable for a few hours. Once treatment and investigatory procedures started, albeit at the weekend, I was kept fully informed of what to expect. Discharge took time but, considering the aspects that need to be co-ordinated, I feel it was acceptable. Unfortunately, late discharge must be an issue for admitting new patients from A & E (as in my case). In retrospect, I would have appreciated an indication of what I should expect in the immediate period of recovery at home before a GP's consultation. This is where information from the British Heart Foundation website is useful.

Response from St George's Hospital (Tooting)

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback about your experience at St George’s Hospital. It is a pleasure to read how impressed you were with the care. Thank you for the suggestions regarding the discharge. Your kind words of appreciation and your suggestions will be sent to the manager of the service.