"Great service by great consultant"

About: Pinderfields General Hospital

I fractured by scaphoid when I was a teenager but this wasn't picked up until I experienced pain in my mid twenties. At that time I was referred to a consultant who advised I could live with the pain or have an operation to fuse various bones in my hand together which would restrict movement considerably. As I played guitar I decided to live with the discomfort and wait until a point I wanted it sorted. That was last year when I was 38. I was referred this time to my consultant who advised he could perform a much simpler operation to remove the damaged part of the scaphoid. I had the operation within three months at Pontefract and while there was quite a bit of pain after the procedure I'm now four months on and the pain has pretty much gone and movement has improved. I am extremely happy with the results and the staff were kind, courteous and appeared very competent. I have just recommended the consultant to a colleague with a similar injury who continued top experience pain I was so impressed. Thank you to all for involved.

Response from Pinderfields General Hospital

Thank you for this feedback and kind comments. We are pleased that your experience was a positive one and appreciate you taking the time to post.