"A and E dept. Royal Oldham hospital"

About: Royal Oldham Hospital

I visited Oldham A & E with a relative and was extremely disappointed with the care he received. The medical treatment was good however the staff's bedside manner was very poor indeed. Patients' in this department are there (usually) because they are suffering and in need of medical treatment and with this there should be dignity in care. It is bad enough to be experiencing symptoms such as vomiting and diarrhoea without staff and security guards diminishing your dignity even further by mocking the situation.The nurses also had very poor communication with both my relative and me, as a concerned family member. Very poor NHS treatment, and I don't say this lightly as I too work for the NHS in the same field!

Response from Royal Oldham Hospital

We ae sorry to read your comment regarding your relatives visit to the Accident and Emergency department at the Royal Oldham Hospital. If you wish to discuss your concern, please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0161 604 5897. We will also forward your comment to the department manager.