"Exceptionally professional, caring attitude at..."

About: Royal Preston Hospital

Four years and four months since my multiple myeloma was diagnosed by the doctor and his team. It caused kidney failure so I had to have dialysis twice each week under the supervision of another doctor and his highly trained staff. This was an extremely worrying time for me and my family, but my frequent visits gradually increased my confidence in the abilities and knowledgeable skills evident in all the nurses and doctors I have been in contact with. After having treatment for the myeloma, my kidneys began working again so dialysis was stopped after six months. Although I still have chronic kidney disease my renal diet helps to keep me away from the dialysis department. The myeloma returns every eight or nine months, at which time I am prescribed drugs, which I take for about four months. Side effects are a problem, but I,m still here, thanks to the sterling efforts of the friendly, dedicated people at Rosemere and throughout the hospital, that I come into contact with during my frequent visits.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your very positive feedback; please be assured that your kind comments have been shared with staff in both the Rosemere Centre and the Renal Unit.

Response from Royal Preston Hospital

Thank you for telling us of your experience. Please be assured that your kind comments have been shared with the relevant managers and staff.