"Great experience during distal osteotomy surgery"

Although it might sound bit crazy it was one of the best days in my life. Of course I did not want to be a subject of surgery but years of kick boxing took its toll and I had very little choice. Staff extremely nice in a way that you feel taken care of and yet, no one is too sickly sweet so you have your personal space. Surgery itself, well except for a needles as anaesthetic needs to come from somewhere and I am a wuss when it comes to needles, was like my own Grey's Anatomy episode - one of those when you have all those cool doctors around and patients ends up very happy. I chose local anaesthetic instead of general one as after all it was just a foot, and did not regret it. Doctors were checking on me, exchanging jokes and made me feel comfortable and important. The fact that I was allowed to have a sneaky peek at my foot being worked on - just a bonus! Yeah, might be gross for some, but it was very interesting for me. The consultant and his team rock! And music in theatre was awesome! I simply cannot fault anything. After surgery I was taken care of by a lovely nurse, given some tasty cookies, coffee and all instructions what to do after that kind of surgery. Two days later, I am sitting comfortably with my foot elevated, pain is manageable and I am having great memory of my surgery. Call me a freak but it was a great day. Great hospital and great team. Thank you!

Response from Blakelands NHS Treatment Centre

All the team are happy that you had a good experience here at Blakelands.

You can certainly come back to us for any other treatment we provide and enjoy it as much!