"Referred to East Surrey by doctors, it took 3..."

About: East Surrey Hospital

Referred to East Surrey by doctors, it took 3 months to be seen only to meet a doctor for 3 mins who said I would need to be booked in for a colonoscopy.........surprise surprise I knew this. Now I have to wait yet again for another appointment. Why did I have to wait to see a consultant who never examined me, asked any questions and then told me to go to the booking office straight away to book a date. Surely he knew this is a no no, they take your phone number, say they will call the next day and then don't. After I rang to ask if there was any chance of getting an appointment time as I am due to go away for a few months, I was finally put through to the consultants secretary(after 2 misdirections)who said she would sort it out and call me back. Good job I am not holding my breath, I would have turned blue by now. Oh I almost forget the notes that were given to the consultant by the receptionists were the wrong ones. Thankfully at least one nurse was on the ball!

Dear anonymous

I'm sorry to read that you feel we haven't provided a good level of care following your colonoscopy referral. If you'd care to email me at ian.mackenzie@sash.nhs.uk I will get someone to look into the issues you raise.

Many thanks